Volunteer at NAA
There is much to be done and extra hands are always needed and appreciated. Essential assistance is supplied by our volunteers who are parents, students, and members of our community, who offer their time and expertise assisting with gallery supervision, art education and special events. Teens are welcome to join us in the fulfillment of their community service hours.
Current Urgent Need:
Gallery Assistants needed for short shifts (generally 11-3) in October.
Please complete the Volunteer Application form and return to the Newark Arts Alliance. If you would like to volunteer at this event, please call us so that we may add you to our list. If you have any have any questions, please contact us through email or call 302-266-7266.
Other Volunteers Needed
Be a part of the arts by volunteering at Newark Arts Alliance! Adults and mature teens are needed for short term and long term volunteer projects. Why sit and wait when you can help the community? If you have at least 4 hours per week – we need you.
Current Needs include:
- Volunteer Coordinator - Coordinate the online calendar and schedule gallery attendants to ensure proper coverage during working hours. Coordinator is responsible for sending emails to distribution list and monitoring responses for gallery coverage. Volunteer coordinator has flexible work schedule and completes all tasks online. Requires internet access and Google email (gmail) account. Training provided.
- Gallery Attendants – Open and close facility; greet visitors, invite visitors to sign guest book; introduce them to current literature; answer telephones; administrative tasks as needed, process sales. This is an ongoing need and requires a minimum four hour shift per month. Must be outgoing, comfortable greeting public. Must dress neatly, be punctual.
- Volunteer special events assistants – AG Day, Captain Blue Hen Comic Day, Auctions and other events. Assist with set up, break down and other areas as needed.
- Literature Distribution - Deliver our class brochures and other marketing materials to preselected sites in downtown Newark including restaurants, coffeehouses and other places of business.
- Maintenance Helpers - Help maintain our gallery and classroom with cleaning, painting, carpentry and repair projects. Any skills appreciated. Work on call as needed.
- Art Assistant - Assist teacher with art projects for kids at community festivals and events. Must be outgoing, experienced with art materials, and comfortable working with children.
- Gallery Shop Committee - Assist with inventory, artist contacts, and displays. The committee meets once a month, however some tasks can be completed outside of meeting times.
- Office Work: - Assist with data entry and general office tasks.
If you are interested in supporting our cause and want to help as we move forward and build our brand in the community, please complete our application form and return it to us by U.S. Mail, or send it via email to email@example.com.